The ALBC Conference is rapidly approaching. Join us November 11 - 13, 2010, in Hamilton, NY for this exciting event themed Healthy Herds – Healthy Markets.
The conference website is now live and online registration is available.
Some of the highlights from the conference program include:
Pre-conference Clinics (Friday, November 12)
• Hog Husbandry and Breeder Selection
• Haute Cuisine of Heritage Poultry
• The Tricky Business of Managing a Breed Association
• Raising Heritage Turkeys on Pasture
• Managing Bulls
Conference Session Topics (Saturday, November 13)
• Managing Stallions and Jacks
• The Rationale for Selecting for Body Type in Chickens
• Raising Rare Rabbit Breeds for Market
• Heritage Dairy Cattle and Where They Fit
• A Perfect Pair: Land Conservation and Rare Breed Conservation
• Chickens in the City
• Having Fun with Youth and Heritage Breeds
• The Art of Incubation
• Managing Rams and Bucks
• Marketing Using Social Networking
• And many more!
This year's conference features a two-day intensive Dairy Processing 101 clinic - a must for anyone interested in dairying with heritage breeds!